Lightpath Unveils New Voice Tools for Efficient Businesses Communication During Emergencies
December 26, 2013
By Meenakshi Shankar
, TMCnet Contributor
Lightpath, a division of Cablevision Systems (News - Alert) Corporation and a provider of advanced Ethernet-based data, Internet, voice, video transport solutions and managed services, is all set to enhance communication of mid-market and large businesses across the New York metropolitan area during emergencies.
In line to this, the company announced new functionality, which includes a more robust self-service portal for soft switch-based Enterprise Voice and Internet Voice Bundle and automated communications services for Lightpath Hosted Voice.
“During crises like extreme weather events, the ability to communicate quickly and easily is of the utmost importance for businesses,” said Julia McGrath, senior vice president of marketing and business development, Lightpath.
“The voice-based features that Lightpath is introducing today gives our customers more control and flexibility when it’s needed most,” added McGrath.
Lightpath Hosted Voice is a feature-rich, no maintenance solution that gives mid-market businesses more than 30 advanced call management features, with all necessary equipment and devices provided, installed and maintained by Lightpath. Key advances made with this new announcement include:
- Soft switch-based Lightpath Enterprise Voice and Internet Voice Bundle customers can now have access to the PBX (News - Alert) CommPortal, which offers self-service functionality for account changes that used to require a call to Lightpath. The portal supports easy management of PBX-based phone services.
- Facility to make changes via any web-enabled device, such as tablets and smartphones. Use cases include remotely changing how calls are routed when employees are unable to physically be in an office.
- Easy upgradation to add mass announce and firebar capabilities.
- Mass announce allows customers to create and send a pre-recorded message to a large number of contacts for communication around events like delayed office openings or emergency closings and also throughout until the recipient is reached.
- Firebar gives organizations the ability to quickly and automatically establish an emergency audio conference with a group, such as a designated crisis team.
Edited by Cassandra Tucker